Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. Remove the broccoli to paper towels, drain very well and let cool slightly. Chop the broccoli into small, pea-sized pieces. Combine broccoli, Cheddar cheese, rice, and onion in a medium bowl.
Stuff each breast with broccoli-cheese mixture, place in the prepared casserole, and sprinkle with poultry rub. Add broccoli and shredded Cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Spread broccoli filling evenly over the middle of each cutlet. You can make Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless or skin on. I personally like the crunch the broiler gives the skin).
- You need 1 1/2 of broccoli chopped (this will work with one package of frozen broccoli as well.
- It’s 1 packages of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 each of small onion.
- You need 1 of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (divided).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 dash of each Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, oregano and soul seasoning.
Start from one end, roll cutlets up and secure edges with toothpicks. Combine flour and paprika in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken rolls in the mixture. Make cheese sauce: Melt butter in a small sauce pan, and then add flour and stir well.
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts step by step
- If using boneless skinless chicken Butterfly and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Bone in: Slice chicken half way through and leave the bottom in tact (it should look like a boat).
- Brush outer layer of chicken with olive oil and season with chicken seasoning and pepper, set aside.
- Slice onion, broccoli and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in the butter until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper, oregano and soul seasoning.
- Remove veggie mixture from skillet to deep bowl for stirring. Add half the cheddar cheese and half the Italian cheese to veggie mixture and stir until well blended.
- Carefully and equally stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture be sure to leave open side up.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheddar cheese on top of chicken breasts followed by remainder of Italian cheese you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken "boats" closed but be sure to remove them all before eating.
- Season the top of the chicken with a dash of Weber garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour (or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, depending on thickness) drain juice from pan.
- Turn oven off and Turn broiler on high and broil for the last 10-15 minutes checking constantly as broilers are quick to burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Add milk gradually, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, and stir constantly until thickened. Succulent, crispy edged chicken breasts, stuffed with a dreamy, creamy filling of cheddar, cream cheese and broccoli. These Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are literally packed with flavor. Easy to whip up and perfect for a hearty weeknight main.