Chicken and Broccoli. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. A chicken, broccoli and rice casserole is one of our favorite comfort foods. I make my easy variation in the slow cooker.
The dish is also delicious sprinkled with a simple bread crumb topping. Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add broccoli, soup and water; stir. You can make Chicken and Broccoli using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Broccoli
- You need 2 of boneless chicken breast halves cut in bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 T of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli cut in florets.
- It’s 2 T of oil.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 T of minced fresh ginger.
- You need 2 T of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 T of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 t of sesame oil.
- You need 1 T of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 t of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of 2 t cornstarch.
Push the chicken and vegetables mixture to the side of the skillet. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the vacant part of the. Chicken and broccoli co-star in creamy, cheesy, comforting casserole recipes. Find a new family favorite today – these trusted broccoli and chicken casserole recipes come complete with how-to videos, ratings, reviews, and cooking tips.
Chicken and Broccoli step by step
- Mix chicken and 1 T cornstarch. Set aside.
- Cut up onion and broccoli. Set aside.
- Combine rest of ingredients stirring well. This is the sauce. Set aside.
- Stir fry broccoli and onion in 1 T oil over med high heat for about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add 1T oil and stir fry chicken chunks about 3 mins. until no longer pink.
- Add the vegs back to pan stirring to combine.
- Make a hole in center of mixture then add your sauce. Stir constantly over med. high heat until mixture thickens. Stir all ingredients together in pan.
- Serve with rice.
Transfer the broccoli to a plate. Wipe the pan with a paper towel held in a pair of tongs if there's any water left. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Spread the chicken in the skillet in a single layer. Add chicken breasts, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.