Chicken Broccoli. Add the hoisin sauce, return the broccoli to the pan and toss to heat through. Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add broccoli, soup and water; stir.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook for a few more minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese until well blended, and remove from heat. A chicken, broccoli and rice casserole is one of our favorite comfort foods. You can make Chicken Broccoli using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Broccoli
- You need 2 of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1 lb of Fresh Broccoli.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced Mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of Cashew nuts (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of Peanuts (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sliced Julienne Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice Wine.
- You need 3 tbsp of White/Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 cups of Chicken Stock (OR 1 Chicken Knorr Cube diluted in lukewarm water).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 2 pcs of Scallions.
I make my easy variation in the slow cooker. You can easily substitute whatever cheese you prefer. I sometimes use dairy-free cheese to create a more paleo-friendly dinner. The dish is also delicious sprinkled with a simple bread crumb topping.
Chicken Broccoli instructions
- First, cut the chicken breasts into thin slices then place them in a bowl. Then season it with salt, black pepper, and 2 table spoons of sesame oil, 4 cloves of garlic purée, then add a bit of cornstarch. Mix well then set aside to marinade..
- Next, cut your broccoli into florets. Then have it blanched with a pinch of salt for 40-50 secs. Once done, strain it, and transfer to a bowl of cold water with ice..
- Next, to make the brown sauce, take a new cooking pot and add some sesame oil followed by garlic, ginger, then sauté. Then add the rice wine, sugar, and have it caramelised well before adding the chick stock. Mix well. Then add in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce. Stir. Add black pepper, scallion, and then cornstarch mixture (cornstarch+water). Mix well until the sauce thickens..
- Then, in low heat, add in the cooked chicken breast slices..
- Add the broccoli florets..
- Add in the mushrooms, peanuts, and cashew nuts. (Optional).
- Mix well. Share and enjoy! ☺️.
Chicken and broccoli co-star in creamy, cheesy, comforting casserole recipes. Find a new family favorite today – these trusted broccoli and chicken casserole recipes come complete with how-to videos, ratings, reviews, and cooking tips. Push the chicken and vegetables mixture to the side of the skillet. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the vacant part of the. Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover.