Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole🍛. Combine chicken, soup, broccoli, rice, and water in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan and cover with foil. Slow pour over chicken and rice.
Start the broccoli and rice: Cook broccoli and rice as per the package instructions. When broccoli is done, drain, let cool and dice. For the sauce: Heat half and half in microwave til bubbles appear around sides of bowl, but it does not boil. You can have Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole🍛 using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole🍛
- Prepare 2 of tbsp.
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of salt/pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of white long grain rice.
- You need 2 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 10.5 oz of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of crushed Ritz crackers.
Add half the milk, stirring as you go, and once incorporated into the flour add the rest of the milk and stir. Add broth, rice, thyme and a just pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, bring to simmer, then cover. Spread rice evenly over bottom of dish.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole🍛 step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with Italian seasoning and desired amount of salt and pepper..
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 min.Remove and set aside..
- Add the chicken broth, olive oil, and rice to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer..
- Cover tightly and cook for 7 minutes..
- Add the broccoli and replace the cover. Cook for 8 more minutes. Refrain from stirring..
- Turn off heat and remove the cover. Let the rice stand for 10 minutes, do not stir. Any rice on the bottom of the pot will release..
- Add the cooked chicken, soup, milk, optional seasonings, and half of the sharp cheddar cheese..
- Add to a lightly greased 9 × 13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese..
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes..
- Melt the butter and crumble up the crackers. Combine to form the topping for the casserole..
- Top the casserole with the crumbled cracker topping and bake uncovered for 10 additional minutes..
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes prior to serving..
- Enjoy this cheesy crunchy meal.🍛.
Spread chicken on top of cheese sauce and top with remaining sauce. If desired, sprinkle more shredded cheese on top. Reduce heat to medium, and gradually whisk in flour mixture until smooth. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. A meal-in-one casserole with chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese, onion, and creamy soups all baked into one dish.