Holmestead Cookin': Broccoli Chicken Pesto Pasta. Then, once cooked, drain pasta and broccoli and set aside. Place chicken breast on a cutting board, sliced into thin strips, and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the garlic and cook for just a few seconds then add the sliced chicken.
Cut the fresh broccoli buds into small florets, leaving as short a stem as possible; set aside. Then place the chicken breast strips. Drain the pasta and broccoli and return them to the pot. You can make Holmestead Cookin': Broccoli Chicken Pesto Pasta using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Holmestead Cookin': Broccoli Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Prepare 2 of full heads of broccoli flourettes.
- It’s of Fettucini pasta.
- Prepare 1 package of chicken breasts (4-5 breasts).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 liter of Whipping cream (35%).
- You need 4 tbsp of Pesto.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
Add the chicken and tomatoes to the pot. Add the pesto and parmesan cheese and combine. Drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander. While the pasta is cooking, cut the chicken breast into ½-inch pieces.
Holmestead Cookin': Broccoli Chicken Pesto Pasta instructions
- Cook pasta.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook until fully cooked in heated pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Then put cooked chicken in a bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil to emptied pan, and sautee broccoli flourettes until desired tenderness.
- Pour in whipping cream and stir. Simmer and stir for 3-4 mins..
- Add pesto and stir..
- Add chicken to mixture, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir until evenly distributed..
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pasta noodles and cook according to the package directions or until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the noodles to a colander to drain and reserve the pasta cooking water in the pasta cooking pot. Transfer to a bowl and serve with fresh basil and. Toss pasta with broccoli pesto along with some olive oil and top with chicken meatballs.