Easy White Chicken Chili.
You can have Easy White Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Easy White Chicken Chili
- You need 2 of grilled chicken breast roughly chopped.
- It’s 6 of sweet peppers finely chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cans of great northern beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s To taste of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare To taste of mustard powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of GF all purpose flour mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
Easy White Chicken Chili step by step
- In a dutch oven heat the oil and sweat the peppers, garlic and onion flakes..
- Roughly chop the chicken breast, I grilled mine dusted with Montreal seasoning and granulated garlic. I cooked a whole package earlier in the week to have for dinner salads, but why not mix it up with chili! Once the garlic and peppers are softened remove from the pan. I spooned mine out on top of the chicken..
- Melt the butter in the dutch oven and add the flour, cook a few minutes until the raw taste is gone. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and mustard powder..
- Slowly whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stir in the chicken broth along with the remaining spices..
- Let come to a simmer then add the green chilies, beans, chicken breast and garlic pepper mix..
- Let simmer at least a half hour with the lid on. More time is definitely good, just keep an eye on the consistency and add more chicken broth if it gets to thick..
- Top with yogurt and queso fresco or any topping you love on chili..