Creamy Broccoli soup. Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender. In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended. Stir flour mixture into broth mixture.
DON'T use a hand mixer to smash the broccoli. Use a potato masher and don't go nuts mashing it. Larger pieces of broccoli really make this soup exceptional. You can make Creamy Broccoli soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli soup
- You need 1 of chicken breast with bone.
- It’s 4 of bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli, chopped up.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 3 of small potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (or more).
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
If you use a blender or mixer, you'll have a bowl of druel. Ventray's creamy broccoli soup is super easy to make, try it with garlic bread or your favorite cheesy toast, satisfaction guaranteed. Add broccoli and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Creamy Broccoli soup instructions
- Put chicken breast into a large pot filled with water so that the chicken is completely covered, bring to boil and cook until chicken is cooked through..
- Dice onions and add to the broth.
- Remove chicken from broth and pull meat from bone, add the meat back to the broth..
- Chop broccoli, potatoes and carrots, add to the broth, cook until vegetables are tender..
- Add in cheese, butter and heavy cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
Add the salt, thyme, nutmeg and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom stockpot over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk well to combine. Slowly add in the stock/broth whisking continuously until well incorporated.