Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese). Great recipe for Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese). Gournay (which is what Boursin is), Neufchatel, or other cream cheese type cheeses are a super easy way to make your pasta dish creamy with practically no effort. Just add a dab at the end of the cooking.
Add half of the Parmesan and toss well. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of the pasta water. Garnish with pine nuts and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. You can make Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese)
- Prepare 8 oz of pasta of choice, boiled al dente and drained (I used spaghetti this time).
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need 5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/3" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of asparagus, woody part snapped off, and cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
- It’s 1 pint of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved OR 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley OR 1 to 2 Tablespoons dried.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of Boursin (any flavor) or cream cheese.
- You need of salt.
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces (I like using kitchen shears for this) and add it to a skillet over medium-high heat. Boursin Cheese – The star of the show. This cheese is like a fluffy, flavored cream cheese that melts beautifully.
Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) step by step
- In a large frying pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil up to medium heat, add bacon to the pan, and render the bacon to your desired doneness. I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces..
- Turn heat to high, add asparagus, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add another 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, add tomatoes, and cook the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't fear the high heat – the liquid and volume of the asparagus and tomatoes will keep things from burning..
- Add garlic and three-quarters of the parsley, stir to incorporate, and cook until garlic is translucent..
- Add pasta, lemon juice, and cheese, and stir or toss everything together. Give the cheese a minute or so to melt, stirring a couple of times in the process. At this point, you'll want to salt to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon. Didn't need much because of the salt from the bacon and the cheese..
- When the cheese is melted, give everything another gentle toss to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated, sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top, and enjoy! :).
I like the Garlic and Fine Herbs Boursin, but the Shallot and Chive would work here as well depending on what flavors you love most.; Pasta – Any pasta will work but I chose fettuccine to try to create my favorite fettuccine alfredo without parmesan cheese. Shut off the heat and add the cheeses, salt, and mustard, stirring until smooth. Add the wine and half of the bacon. Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and add to the Boursin cheese sauce. In a small bowl, combine the remaining bacon with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and olive oil.