Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Pour in chicken stock, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. This creamy butternut squash pasta sauce is a healthy hack to make a luxuriously creamy pasta dish that is much lower in calories.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil, cover and turn heat to medium. You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- You need 2 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Water.
- You need 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- You need Half of and half.
- You need 1/4 of onion minced.
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- Prepare of Pasta water.
Add the butternut squash, oil, cinnamon and salt and pepper to a roasting tray. Add the roasted butternut squash to a blender and blend until smooth. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, add olive oil to a small skillet over medium heat.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.
Butternut squash is an extremely versatile winter squash. It's superb in Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells, Black Bean + Butternut Squash Chili, Squash, Bean + Barley Bowl, Autumn Quinoa Salad, or simple Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. In comes this easy butternut squash pasta sauce with sage to the mix that has a wonderful flavor profile including both sweet & savory characteristics. Using a large, sharp knife, trim ends; halve squash crosswise to separate bulb from neck. Cut both pieces in half lengthwise.