Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta. If you liked this recipe (I mean… the best Pasta with bacon and roasted tomatoes recipe!), remember to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel and HIT the bell, to always be up to date with the tastiest and most authentic Italian food! Let the 'likes', the 'comments', the 'follow' and the 'share post' rain please!. Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, and red chili flakes.
Boil the pasta in salted water until cooked to your liking, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. In a mini food processor combine the herbs, nuts, zest and garlic. Meanwhile while tomatoes are in the oven, Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until just tender but still a bit firm to bite. You can have Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta
- You need 500 of g- Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of crushed garlic or 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
- It’s 1 of Small onion.
- Prepare Dash of cream.
- Prepare 5 of Fresh basil leaves/ tsp of dried mixed herbs also works well.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil all though any oil works well.
- You need 1 Packet of diced bacon (250g).
- It’s 4 of Any pasta- Macaroni/ Spaghetti ect- Enough for.
Drain and return pasta to pot. Add garlic tomato mixture and parsley, tossing to coat. How to roast tomatoes in the oven. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, in the baking pan.
Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta instructions
- Put tomatoes into an oven proof dish with enough oil to cover the tomatoes nicely. Then add the herbs, salt and pepper enough to coat the tomatoes. If you using fresh basil don't add it now..
- Place the tomatoes into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Roast the tomatoes until they have reduced into a sticky paste. The longer they roast the richer the flavour, but remove as soon as they start to get charred..
- When the tomatoes are nearly ready to be removed from the oven. Start frying the onion and garlic. Place a finely chopped onion into a pot with the garlic with a bit of oil so not to stick. Sweat the onion and garlic down until slightly translucent..
- Once the tomatoes are roasted down add them to the onion and garlic in the pot (If you using fresh basil, chop and add it now). Add a bit of water to soften the paste and cook for another 20 mins. Keep topping up with water if the mixture starts to stick..
- At the same time as you cook the tomatoes, onions and garlic start cooking your pasta. Generally the instructions on how to cook specifically will be on the packing. Do not over cook as mushy pasta is the worst..
- While that is all going on in another pan cook the bacon in a little bit of oil until crisp..
- Once your tomatoes are resembling a beautifully red thick sauce, take off the heat and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender it's not essential, a chunky sauce is also great. Once blended add a dash of cream and the bacon and stir together..
- Once your pasta is done. Toss the pasta in the sauce. Don't over toss, you don't want mushy pasta..
- And you're done and can now enjoy your beautifully flavourful pasta!!.
- Note: You can use this roasted tomato sauce to elevate your mince dishes or instead of adding the cream, thicken the tomatoes into a paste that you can use for bruschetta (goes deliciously well with goats cheese and Ciabatta)..
Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, and salt; drizzle with the ¼ cup olive oil. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon grease, and return pan to heat. Saute onions over medium heat until tender. Add the olive oil to your reserved bacon oil and cook your garlic until fragrant, stirring often to keep it from burning.