Creamy avocado pasta. Creamy avocado pasta is actually all about the creamy avocado sauce. Sure, there are some decisions to be made about which type of pasta to use, but by and large, the ingenious part of this dish is the sauce. By blitzing avocados with lemon juice, garlic, spinach, and some fresh basil, you can make a flavorful, creamy sauce that's not as.
The addition of lemon to the sauce adds flavor but also keeps the avocado from turning brown. This creamy avocado pasta gets its vibrant color from spinach and avocado, which combine to create a flavorful sauce. Serve the pasta with grilled shrimp or salmon for a boost of protein. You can make Creamy avocado pasta using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy avocado pasta
- It’s 10 oz of any pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced red onion.
- You need 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar or a little more to taste.
- You need of Salt and pepper to your taste.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
Or keep this avocado pasta vegan and top with a portobello mushroom. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium low. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and stir in the avocado mix.
Creamy avocado pasta step by step
- Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt, bring to boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions or about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a food processor, add the avocado, garlic, oil, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, pulse until creamy and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and onions with the balsamic, italian seasoning and a smidge of salt and pepper..
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes along with the avocado mixture and mix together well to combine..
Transfer to bowls and sprinkle over spring onions and chilli flakes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. The addition of avocado lends a lovely creamy texture to this pesto The ripe fruit imparts richness to the sauce, while nutty roasted pepitas add a deep toasty flavor If you can only find raw pepitas, simply toss them with olive oil and salt, then toast in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until they start to pop and turn golden brown This Creamy Avocado Pasta recipe is super easy, healthy, delicious, and packed with hidden spinach which is a sneaky way to get kids to eat their leafy greens. Add some more veggies to make it a healthy avocado pasta salad.