My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake. Melt the butter in a coffee mug. Add water, vanilla and salt and stir until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa powder and flour and stir until all the lumps are out.
This is pretty easy to make. Just mix the ingredients together in the mug, add the chocolate and water, then microwave. Add in the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. You can make My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk well until well combined. Add melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract. Place the chocolate pieces in the center of the mug. Tips for making Chocolate Lava Mug Cake: Do not over cook!
My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake step by step
- Melt the butter in a coffee mug..
- Add water, vanilla and salt and stir until smooth..
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and flour and stir until all the lumps are out. Add your choice of chocolate chips if you want..
- Cook in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. If you want less "lava" and more cake you can cook it for 10 seconds more. You may have to adjust the cooking time since all microwaves cook at different speeds..
You want to make sure you have a nice gooey center. Start by microwaving for a minute and check your cake. Go crazy and add caramel, nuts, fruit preserves or peanut butter to the center! This dump-and-go cake recipe is a keeper guys. This is my favorite instant mug cake, but in case you want to try more cake recipes, then here are some more of them – Pumpkin Dump Cake, Bacardi Rum Cake, Strawberry Cake, Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, and Lemon Pound Cake.